Thursday, June 09, 2005

Army Missed it's Recruitment Goals - Again.

From what I read in the paper, The army has lowered it's recruiting goals, and then missed 'em. They've been missing their goals for months. It looks like they'll miss the whole-year goal as well as the monthly goals. They are having trouble talking young men and women into joining the army.

Well, duh.

Let's see if I've got the 'deal' the army offers right. The army will train, clothe, feed, and house you for the duration of your enlistment. They will also pay you, but the salary is so low that some soldiers go on food stamp. That hardly counts. In return all they want is to fly you half way around the world, where random people will try to kill you.

Yes, I can hear the strains of "Over There" in the background. I know that 'the tree of liberty must, from time to time, be watered with the blood of patriots'. I've read all the books and seen all the John Wayne movies I can stand. This war isn't about freedom. It isn't about 'doing the right thing' or 'liberating Iran' or 'liberating Afghanistan. It's about liberating hundreds of billions of tax dollars and funneling them into private hands. Our Brave Boys in Blue(tm) aren't fighting for Truth, Justice, and the American Way this time. They're fighting for cheap gasoline. And it's not working. We're still paying 2 bucks a gallon for it.

I'm sorry folks, I'm so mad about this one, I'm almost incoherent.

It's not bad enough that they want to waste lives in pursuit of oil and/or money. It's not bad enough that they rob the treasury and tell us it's patriotism. No, they want us to VOLUNTEER to go get killed for their profits. AND THEY ARE SURPRISED WHEN WE DON'T VOLUNTEER.

I've been offended by this war from day one. Now I'm insulted, too.

So, how long before the draft is reinstated? If I were an 18-22-year-old-male, I'd be checking out job prospects in Canada.

Good Luck, boys. See you when the war is over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Especially when we don't even need their stupid oil. Grow Hemp America! Jen

Anonymous said...

hmmmm, how old is this blog....O, I see that it is a year old....and gas is no longer 2 dollars a gallon its 3....